Monday, January 25, 2016

Heart, Riot, Fire, Dreams

So, hi guys, thanks for being here, first post and all, kind of nervous.

I have a bunch of post idea's written down some pressing issues, some not but i wanted this first post to be a little special and reveal a little about me.

So i have decided to go a little bit in to the words Heart, Riot, Fire and Dreams a little. To kind of explain a little about why I chose them as well as what they mean to me. Some of my friends who may read this blog might look at the name of it and go, hey, That sounds very 30 Seconds to Mars inspired, yes, I can only be honest, it is. Specifically from the song Hurricane which has the line "There is a fire inside of this heart and a riot about to explode in to flames", honestly its such an amazing line and means so much to me personally, it also just resonates with me and where i am at right now when it's come time to name this blog. I didnt just steal their work though, these words are strong words to me, they tell their own story.




Heart
I always believed that the heart, feelings, emotions only mean every conversation I have, everything I do, it all comes from the good place of the heart. I kind of see heart as that little bird that you capture, its about to die, you  feed it, water it, nurse it back to health, then comes the day where you set it free in to the universe and it gets eaten by a fox, but where would we be with out that little bird? Where would we be with out our our heart steering us blindly in to situations that are going to be great but at the same time are full of so many risks an- okay now that's starting to sound a little like aniety, - but still, the heart is that blind ship captain that stears us in to the storm that is also known as



Riot
Everybody calm down in don't mean everybody go out on their street and start a riot. (Side note: Riot by Three Days Grace, check it out) I mean its the next step, everything is destroyed, its hurtful and stressful, but at the same time, it's kind of beautiful. A riot is tearing everything down, destroying the parts of yourself that arent working, getting rid of toxic people. To be honest, the riot inside of me is what drives me. It's the wrong that has been done to me and those around me that drives me to want better and be better. Its okay to just want to destroy everyone and everything around you, it's completely fine to me.

Fire
Light your life on fire, seek those who fan your flames. - Rumi
I'm Australian so bush-fires are kind of a thing i barely twitch an eye at anymore. (unless of course people are in danger) but fire and what it stands for is beautiful to me. For me, fire is making way for new life, getting rid of all the over growth and unwarrented clutter making way for new oportunity, a new vision. It kind of goes hand and hand with riot, destroy everything and start again with a new perspective, a opportunity to strive to be everything you've wanted to be that you've been being held back from and move on to brighter

Dreams
Dont you have a dream? I know I do, i have many, including this blog, i have dreams to last me the rest of my life time and then the next one. Sometimes my dreams are so heavy that i get a head ache just thinking about them, but that's okay for me. I love the dreams i have and i love mapping the path to try and get to them. you can use the word 'goal' if you want to, it makes no difference to me, i just find 'dreams' such a nicer word. Dreams and Goals are important, i truely believe this. If you dont have something to strive for, i feel like you've lost the fight, to be honest i have seen to many people give up on their selves and a happier life purely by refusing to dream and work for their dreams, but those are different stories for different blog posts.



So these are the words that i used to name my blog by, the order, the metaphores, they are all imporant to my life, and how i regennerate it after a breakdown or trauma.
my reasons might not be something you like or agree with, but they are my reasons. The Joy of the internet though is that you can feel free to tell my what your words are, and please feel free to share your dreams, I'd love to hear what you're striving for, even if it's somethng like facing your anxiety or planting a garden.

Thanks for reading guys,
Chat soon, Monique, xx


1 comment: